I get told a lot I have really good skin for being my age. I get told a lot by people younger than me that “you look younger than me”. Ironic enough it is when they are attempting to insult me they say this. For example, some cupcake said, “I doubt you had time for all that schooling considering you look younger than me”. I laughed considering I am much older than she is and have children closer to her age.
I will share my skin care secrets over a series of blog posts. First I want to say, of course everyone’s skin is different. I have olive tone skin. I have combo skin. I am oily in the T-zone. My skin changed after a certain age. Take precaution before you start any new skin care regime. Of course if you are allergic to anything, don’t do it. And I am not responsible for any of your actions. You are an adult. You have the innate ability of free will.
My secret.. I make my own skin care products. They are 100% all natural. I have never used soap on my face! I have had 4 pimples in my life.
I recycle container. However, there are some DOs and DONTs of recycling containers.
Do not recycle containers that had medicine, film, poison, any type of chemicals, cleaners, spoiled food, compost or fertilizer. Always sterilize the container. I will show you below how to sterilize it. Plastic you can’t really sterilize to be honest. I don’t care how many people tell you can, you really can’t. A good dish washing a rinsing with bleach water. (1/4 bleach to every 2 cups of hot water) Let air dry. Never pat dry.
How you sterilize glass and metal lids.
- Wash the containers and lids five times as I just mentions. Allow to air dry completely in between washings.
- Fill a large enamel or stainless steel pot with water
- Submerse the bottles and lids. Make sure there is NO AIR in the bottles.
- Boils for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Allow to air dry on a clean, sterile towel.
How to find out if you are allergic to an herb or ingredient:
- Pour 1 tsp of boiling water of 1/2 tsp of the dried herb. Make a paste out of it.
- Allow it to cool.
- Put it on your inner arm. This is the thinnest part of your skin. Put a bandaid on it. Leave it on for 24 hours.
- Remove the bandaid. If there is a reaction to he herb, like redness, itching, swelling, etc, then you are allergic.
If you are having itching, I mix ground oats and witch hazel together to make a paste. This makes a great relief mix.
I have a set routine of at home “spa” treatment, if you will, that I do daily, weekly and monthly. I am going to start sharing each and everyone one of them with you. I set a regular schedule to pamper myself which in turn keeps my skin healthy and I don’t introduce one toxin to my skin. I will share soon.